Dog Companions

Monkeys are cute but are not domesticated animals
Dogs are domesticated and cute and our best friends.
Choose a dog every time over exotic pets and you will be happier.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

An abandoned puppy's road to adoption



The heartwarming story of an abandoned puppy's road to adoption 

@TeganG_ found a dog in a rural area, briefly reunited him with his siblings and then adopted him.
 



Sooo... I found a puppy in a ditch on my way to work this morning. 



We live in a rural part of the state. This is a road I take twice a day on my way to/from work. I know the branches and rocks and dead deer but something looked out of place.



It ran away from me at first. I went to find a snack in my lunchbox and it had snuck up behind me. All I had that would interest this little lover was a @SargentoCheese Balanced Breaks - the white cheddar/nuts/cranberry one. It was either that or salad. 





I proceeded with my 40 minute commute to work. I'm a cat person and it's been a long time since I've been around a puppy. I didn't know what to do so I tucked him in my vest and took him in to get my laptop and other work items. Yay for telework agreements!!!
 


Called the City Police They directed me to the Sheriff Called the Sheriff They directed me to the Humane Society Called 2 Humane Society offices  

One of the Humane Society offices called me back. You know what they said?
 
 

It turns out little Larry (center) has three sisters! A very bad person (VBP) dumped them in a rural, wooded area not far from our home. His sisters were dropped off yesterday by an acquaintance of the VBP. Which means Larry stayed out overnight, alone. In Northern Wisconsin.
 

HIS SISTERS WERE SO HAPPY TO SEE HIM!!!


Do you know how hard it is to weigh puppies?! Larry (in pink) weighed in at 10 pounds and is the runt of the litter thus far. I really hope there aren't more wandering puppers in the woods.


We're going to adopt Larry with the Pink Collar. He is at the shelter with his siblings until Friday. The veterinarian wants to treat them all for worms, dehydration and give them all a well puppy exam with shots.

This shelter tries to do it's best in a rural area but we all know it can be hard. If you feel like making a donation, here is their website:


Larry with the Pink Collar will be a wonderful addition to our home and I hope this little 'tail' about *my* day brought some good into *your* day.


Larry Update! He went to the veterinarian today w/ his sisters. They are being treated for malnourishment, dehydration and parasites in their little bellies. Lots of shots, stool samples and rest for them in the coming days. Here's a Larry snoot for following along with us



I am off to bed! You all are AMAZING and GOOD. Here's Larry and my oldest, King Leondias of Sparta. I adopted King 10 years ago from the Oceanside HS when I was in the Marine Corps. He was cautious but there was no hissing or bad behavior- just lots of puppy excitement! 


GOOD MORNING! One more day until we can pick up Larry from the Forest County Humane Society! Have a wonderful day everyone! Thanks for sharing our story!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment